Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wake Up Call

*Warning. This will be a long post*

Last weekend was such a drama. Even if it only applied to me, I considered it a wake-up call.

Now there are 2 'babies' in the house that needs constant care and full monitoring; Agni and Kakek. Nenek is obviously taking care of kakek and the house, and 'sending' agni to the mom & dad to be taken care of. We can now feel the parenting role which was supposed to happened 1.5 years ago :D
Almost a month I'm handling agni. Unpleasant moments are feeding and sleeping time. Why feeding? Cos she's not always fond of the food, resulting in just a mere less than 10 spoonful of food. But once in a while she would pick up the spoon and feed herself. Now the sleeping time. She used to sleep at 8.30pm. But lately on that hour she's still playing, thus she sleeps at 10 - 10.30pm. And woke up at 7.30 - 8am. She even woke up at 9.30 on sunday *gasp*. How her parents created a vicious cycle for her...


So yesterday, a drama arise. You know how a little spark can ignites big fire..? That fire happened on sunday. The drama sparks weeks ago, and I guess yesterday she flipped. She referring to mother in-law. I know she's stressful and tired and experiencing sleep deprivation, which somehow a little 'barang ga usah dipindah-pindah biar gak susah nyarinya' led to tears and various complaints about the daughter in-law that I heard from agung.

After 2 years living on the same roof finally I heard something that I was (actually) waiting to happen. The complaints. I heard many stories of mother-daughter bickering about each other, so I know this happy dreams could end some time. I did not counterfeit. I guess I was tired explaining. Remembering the times I've been in that situations, trying to defend but always shot down on what I have to say. So I was just talking to myself, thinking 'hmmm okay. So from now on this is how I'm going to do'.

Starting yesterday, I tried to woke up earlier than usual. No more snoozing the alarm clock. Open my eyes, just get up and go. I know I have my duties and responsibilities now. Cooking in the morning. Showering. Bathing agni. Finally getting ready for work. I haven't done much of housework. Just this and that, here and there. No big dramatic changes. Just something I should've picked up years ago.

The bright side is, the time spend with agni is greater. Finally we picked up the parenting role *grins*. We do the things parents should do (sounds ridiculous to type that), and we take her everywhere we go.

For the record here, we are the 'extraordinary' parents. How extraordinary? 
We never sleep with her. She sleeps downstairs with nenek. At first it was because she already asleep when we got home, later on she refused to sleep upstairs. Every time I brought her up, she would then cry her lungs out wanting to go downstairs. Secondly, we hardly take her out in the evening. We only took her to places that we thought convenient for her, mostly malls and proper restaurants with ac.

So how's these past few days? We manage. Bringing her along with us is not so much hassle apparently. We did feel a bit anxious if planning to take her somewhere new, but so far we did okay *phew*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bandung Staycation - Desember 2019

Untuk #DirdaharjaTrip akhir tahun kita pilih Bandung.. Hmmm dipilihnya karena nyocokin jadwal event papagung sih sebenernya... Nginep 4D3N...